Monday, May 18, 2009

I don't even know where time has been going! I can't believe May is already half over. I think I'm ready for it though. May always makes me kinda sad. It's hard for me to believe that it's been 3 years now since I graduated high school. Doesn't seem like it can be possible. Time goes by way to fast. Every year though I get more thankful for the friends I've stayed close to since then. It's crazy to look at where we all are now. I have gotten to spend time with Monique since she's been home for a couple weeks which has been wonderful for me. There's nothing like spending time with someone you've known most of your life. I love that no matter how much time passes between visits it all feels the same. It's nice to know that some things don't change. Briana's bridal shower is on Saturday and I can't wait to be around some of the girls who are in so many of my most precious memories and who I love dearly.
We have all been keeping pretty busy. Randy's working a lot as usual and I've been keeping busy with Kenadie and church stuff. Tomorrow night is our mother daughter night for my girls so I'm glad that the stress is almost over. Tomorrow I'll be running around crazy but then it'll be over. Randy and I have our first nephew. Randy was so excited. I'm sure we'll do our fair share of spoiling the boy rotten. I'd already forgotten how small and fragile newborns are when we went to visit him at the hospital. Didn't make me want another one though so that's a good sign I suppose. Maybe in another year I'll get baby hungry. My friend Amanda had another baby a couple weeks ago and we had her daughter Libby for the day. Her and Kenadie had a picnic for lunch and we took them to the park when it cooled off to go play. They had a good time. I don't think I could ever survive twins though.






Kenadie was so cute the other day. Randy was sleeping on the couch and she was so tired because she wakes up at 5:30 in the morning so she got her blanket and crawled up with him and fell asleep. They look so much alike! I never thought I could love anything as much as I love Randy and Kenadie. They are my world.



Kenadie playing in her little pool Ran built her at the river last week. She was so excited. I have a video but once again for some reason it won't let me upload it but I'll keep working on it.


Life is really good for us. We are going to Casa Grande Wednesday to see Randy's mom and sisters and for Kylie's graduation so we're really excited. I can't wait to get outta town and see them. I completely lucked out in the in-law department. It's not very often I don't think that a girl gets along with all her in-laws as well as I do. I'm thankful that Randy's family has always treated me so well. From the very first time he took me to meet any of his family I have always been treated like part of the family. I love them for that. I love that even though they're not perfect there's so much love between them all. The older I get the more I realize how important family is and in the end it's the only thing that really matters. So I'm very grateful that out of all the girls out there, Randy chose me to share his family with. In a few weeks we'll be leaving for California and we can't wait. Oh, sad story real quick, Randy lost his wedding ring working on his friend's car. I keep crying about it, haha. But I've made sure it's not when he's around because I know he was upset too and I don't want to upset him more. But his wedding ring is gone! So silly, I know, but I can't believe it's gone. I know it was just a ring, but it was like THE ring, ya know? I had it personalized and everything. No other ring will ever have the value to me that that ring had. What a silly girl I am. Anyway, that was my sad story, but I hope that everyone is also doing well and we love you all! Xoxo





1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley! Jory is on his 3rd wedding ring already, so don't feel too sad! Luckily though I never got it personalized! But if you want a replacement (since I'm good at this by now!) there is a website called titaniumkay.com and they have titanium and tungston rings for $55. I don't know if that's the kind he had, but they're really nice and cheap! Anyway, it sounds like you're doing good! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete