Thursday, March 12, 2009

Here we go....

So after a year or so of telling Randy I'm going to start a blog, I'm making myself sit down and do it today. I hope that this will help our family and friends be better updated on the things going on in our life. I've been doing really good about keeping up with my journal (thanks so much to my mother-in-law for buying me one for my birthday) so hopefully I'll have the same success with this. Let's see, Randy and I have been married for over 2 1/2 years and Kenadie is 19 months old now. I find it hard to believe some days that that much time could possibly go by as fast as it has. We are living in Morenci. We've been here over a year. While sometimes we really hate it, there are things about it that I really like. Our ward here is by far the best ward we've ever been in. I just love it. Who would've thought that some of the greatest people live in Morenci Arizona? Not me, that's for sure. I didn't even know there was a mormon church here until I was probably 17 or 18, haha. Kenadie just started nursery last month and it's been really interesting. She loved it the first 2 weeks but the last couple she freaks out before we even reach the door. She loves playing with kids that are younger than her, but doesn't have much tolerance for kids around her age and older than her. The majority of the kids in nursery are her age, only 2 I think are 2 or 3, so you can imagine how nursery goes. Sometimes I peek in at her after I teach my lesson just in time to see her hit one of the other kids with a toy. While it always makes Randy proud that his baby girl doesn't take any crap, I suppose I'm the one that will have to worry about trying to teach her to be nicer. Randy's working for Clifton Police Department and he loves it. He's been a cop now for over a year. He has quite a reputation around here. I'm so proud of him. He does such an awesome job and even though I'm constantly worrying about him, I'm so glad that he's found a job that he enjoys doing. When he worked for the mine I used to hate when he would go to work because I knew he hated it. Kenadie is just growing like crazy. I can't believe she'll be 2 this summer already! She is so smart. She already talks so much. Today she told me la you (love you) without me telling her first. I almost cried. Even when she's driving me nuts, she has a way of doing something that just stops my heart and makes me forget all the things she'd been doing to drive me crazy. Lately she is obsessed with her baby dolls. She carries all of them around. She brings them to me 100 times a day to be wrapped up in blankets and put in the stroller. She loves pushing them around the house. It always makes me smile to watch her with her dolls. I've started calling her little mama and she just smiles so big when I call her that. It's amazing to me that our mothering instincts kick in even when we're babies ourselves. We've been practicing colors and she's already picked up on blue and purple. She had her first camping trip Monday night. We went down to lower Eagle Creek with Brian & Stephanie, their 2 kids, and Brian's brother and girlfriend. We had so much fun. Kenadie was so good the whole time. I was so impressed with her. We rode four wheelers through the river and Kenadie loved it. She is an adrenaline junky like her dad. As for me, I'm still just staying home with Kenadie and taking care of Jacob when my dad's working. Jacob's become practically like a son to us more than my brother and it always shocks me when he's back with my dad for a few days how much I miss him around here. He went camping with us too and it was really good for him to get outside and do boy stuff like shooting guns and stuff. He helps me not feel so lonely when Randy works nights. I took another semester off from school and while I've enjoyed the break, I'm ready to go back and finish so I can be done. I've been looking at doing a class or two through MCC online this summer, but I haven't decided if I'd rather just wait till August instead of trying to cram the class in 5 weeks. We shall see..... Life is keeping us pretty busy but it's really great. Good night for now. Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment